Buckeye Partnership Grant Program
(Formerly Buckeye Grant Program)
As your guide to better health, Buckeye provides services that go beyond routine healthcare. Through strategic partnerships, innovative programs, and personalized patient care, we fulfill our vision of transforming the health of the community one person at a time. Buckeye is investing time and resources to address SDOH impacts, with a 2020 focus on economic stability: workforce development and access to healthy, affordable food. We invite community organizations and providers to partner with us to improve the quality of life for all Ohioians.
Buckeye Addresses Social Determinants of Health
Buckeye addresses barriers members face every day by combating challenges related to SDOH.
Buckeye has identified five key focus areas:
- Health and healthcare (access to healthcare, primary care, health literacy, and transportation)
- Social and community context (incarceration, foster care, parenting skills, substance abuse, and addiction and mental health)
- Education (early childhood education and development, literacy, key milestones, high school graduation and enrollment in higher education)
- Economic stability (employment, skills training, food insecurity, and financial literacy)
- Neighborhood and Built Environment (environmental conditions, access to healthy food, housing quality and affordability)
Does your agency have an innovative program or initiative related to these SDOH focus areas? We’d like to learn more about a potential partnership and ways we can apply funding to support your work. Learn more about the program and how to apply in our Proposal to Partner - Grant Guidelines (PDF).
Funding of $5,000-$10,000 is available to Ohio providers and community organizations combating SDOH barriers. Preference will be given to statewide SDOH initiatives and programs related to economic stability. Applications must submit a proposal for partnership by completing the online submission form. Special attention should be given to metrics to support program impact.
Applications are reviewed and awarded on a quarterly basis and applicants will be notified of a decision via email. Submit your proposal for partnership by the following:
Q1: March 20, 2020
Q2: June 5, 2020
Q3: September 3, 2020
Q4: November 27, 2020
Please note that submitting an online application does not guarantee funding. Please contact BuckeyeGrants@centene.com with any additional questions.