New Population: Adopted Children
Adopted Children - Managed Care Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Beginning January 1, 2017, families who receive adoption assistance will be required to get their child’s Medicaid benefits through a Managed Care Plan (MCP).
- ODM will contact adoptive parent to enroll their children in managed care.
How do I select a plan?
- Adoption - the adoptive parent(s) will receive an enrollment notice notifying them of the requirement to enroll in managed care. They will make a selection for the child by calling the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline at 1-800-324-8680 or through the hotline’s website (http://ohiomh.com/). If a selection is not made, the child will be assigned to a plan based on information know about the child, such as prior fee-for-service medical services.
- For more information, please refer to the Ohio Department of Medicaid website at Medicaid.Ohio.gov.
- Now is the time to choose Buckeye Health Plan for your child’s health insurance. Visit ohiomh.com or call the Medicaid hotline at 1-800-324-8680.
- Enjoy benefits like these as a Buckeye member, all at no charge to you!
- Medical care
- Rides to appointments
- New glasses
- Behavioral counseling
- Earn rewards dollars when your family practices healthy behaviors!
For more information about Buckeye Health Plan, visit buckeyehealthplan.com or call 1-866-246-4358.