Cultural Humility Resources
Buckeye Health Plan encourages our providers to engage in Cultural Humility trainings and education to promote positive interaction with diverse cultures.
Cultural Competency Training
All Buckeye Health Plan network providers are required to complete an annual Cultural Competency Training. All Buckeye Health Plan network providers are required to complete an annual Cultural Competency Training. If you don't have your own curriculum available in accordance with CMS requirements, please complete Buckeye Health Plan's Cultural Competency training at the link below.
- This free, accredited e-learning program is designed for maternal health care providers and students seeking knowledge and skills related to cultural competency, cultural humility, person-centered care, and combating implicit bias across the continuum of maternal health care.
- National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in Health and Health Care
- Defines Cultural Respect
- Defines how to promote Cultural Respect
- How Cultural Respect Can make a difference
- National CLAS Standards
- Free, accredited online educational programs tailored for a variety of health care professionals. Each e-learning program is designed to build knowledge, skills, and awareness of cultural and linguistic competency and CLAS as a way to improve quality of care.
- Learn how to improve your quality of care by understanding, respecting, and responding to a patient’s experiences, values, and beliefs.
- The resources on this page explain literacy and numeracy, describe how they’re measured, and provide literacy and numeracy data. You’ll also find links to resources that discuss literacy policies and practices, and ideas about how to promote literacy and numeracy.