Ohio Medicaid Next Generation Managed Care Program
On February 1, 2023, Buckeye and Ohio Medicaid will launch the Next Generation (Next Gen) managed care program and begin providing Ohio Medicaid members with great new programs and services.
What is Next Gen?
Next Generation managed care brings new partners, programs and services on board to support the needs of Medicaid members. As a Next Gen plan, Buckeye will expand quality care, and provide our members with extra rewards and benefits.
Why is this program being put in place?
Next Gen puts you at the center of your healthcare and surrounds you with additional support to help you live your healthiest life. With Next Gen, Ohio Medicaid aims to:
- Improve wellness and health outcomes
- Provide a personalized care experience
- Support providers in better patient care
- Improve care for children and adults with complex needs
- Increase program transparency and accountability
New programs like OhioRISE and a single Pharmacy Benefit Manager, will further expand member benefits. Buckeye will let you know about new programs and services as they become available.
What do I do now?
As a Buckeye Medicaid member you do not need to do anything to keep your healthcare benefits and coverage with Buckeye including: .
- Free medical care with no co-pays
- Free pharmacy care with no co-pays
- Free behavioral health services
- Free vision care
- Free dental care
- Free pregnancy care
- Free care management
- Free nurse advice line
- Free transportation to the pharmacy, medical appointments, and more!
Plus, get rewards dollars for completing healthy activities!
Questions? Call Buckeye Member Services at 1-866-549-8289 (TTY: 711).