Buckeye is the Medicaid plan built around YOU. Besides medical, dental and vision coverage, Buckeye offers Care Coordination to get the services you need. Our Care Guides can assist you with social concerns and community resources such housing, food, and utility payments.
How can a Care Guide help?
A Buckeye Care Guide can connect you to healthcare, local social services, and behavioral health resources. This includes coordinating care and services for you or your family for immediate needs. For example, maybe you need help connecting with a primary care doctor and arranging transportation. OR maybe you need housing assistance. Care Guides can connect members with a wide range of community resources and assistance programs using our online database called Buckeye Community Connect. This tool is available free to anyone on Buckeye’s website.
Who needs a Care guide?
Our services are available to any Buckeye Health Plan member at no cost.
- If you need a short term or one-time service, like help with getting a medication or durable medical equipment
- If you had a recent visit to Emergency Room or a hospital stay;
- Or if you need help connecting with a doctor, food pantry, or some other type of social assistance-we are here for you.
- Cognitive and/or developmental limitation
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Substance abuse disorder
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Frequent admissions or ED room visits
- Non-mild hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Premature babies
- Children with special health care needs
- Substance abuse
How do I connect with a Care Guide?
Contact us at 866-246-4358 or SM_CareCoordination@BuckeyeHealthPlan.com to connect a Buckeye Care Guide today!
- Member Portal Login
- Request a new ID card, complete a Health Risk Assessment (HRA) or Notification of Pregnancy (NOP), update your personal information, and more
- Buckeye Community Connect
- Flu Shots
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Women & Children’s Health
- Men’s Health
- My Health Pays Rewards
- Health Tip Card Library