Statement of Non-Discrimination
Buckeye Health Plan complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Buckeye Health Plan does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Buckeye Health Plan:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Buckeye Health Plan at 1-866-246-4358 (TTY 1-800-750-0750).
If you believe that Buckeye Health Plan has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Buckeye Health Plan at the Appeals Unit, 4339 Easton Way, Suite 400, Columbus, OH 43219, 1-866-246-4358 (TTY 1-800-750-0750), Fax 1-866-719-5404. You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Buckeye Health Plan is available to help you. You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue SW., Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201, 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD).
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.