Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Understanding the terms:
- Fraud: Intentional deception or misrepresentation to obtain the money or property of a health care benefit program (by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises).
- Waste: The over-utilization of services or other practices that result in unnecessary costs.
- Abuse: Obtaining payment for items or services when there is no legal entitlement to that payment, but without knowing and/or intentional misrepresentation of facts to obtain payments.
What can you do to help prevent, report, and stop Fraud, Waste, and Abuse?
Buckeye Special Investigations Unit (SIU):
Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM):
Ohio Auditor Of State (AOS)
- 1-866-FRAUD-OH (866-372-8364)
To report Medicare fraud:
To report private insurance fraud:
(614) 686-1527Report potential fraud: