Build relationships with some of the most dynamic leaders in the health insurance industry while fulfilling a vision that brings meaning to work every day.
Opportunities are waiting for you at Buckeye – with a breadth and depth of career tracks and internship opportunities designed to bring out your best ideas and contributions every day.
Whether your interests are in helping Buckeye members live healthier lives, analyzing data to better understand member needs, or developing strategic goals to guide Buckeye into the future – or something else entirely – there’s a path and a purpose to what you will do as part of Buckeye’s growing team.
We are Ohio’s second largest managed care plan – and making significant gains on the competition every day. Our innovative programs, services and resources are created and led by people who are passionate about serving the needs of Ohio’s most vulnerable citizens on Medicaid, Medicare, and the Health Insurance Exchange.
Our industry is challenging, fast-paced, ever changing and our team is leading the way with award winning programs on many significant health issues – such as infant mortality and opioid addiction.
Develop skills and gain working experience in project management, writing, community and media relations. Support key initiatives to grow market share, increase company brand awareness, and enhance outreach to members through projects including:
- Buckeye signature events
- Community relations efforts
- Employee newsletters and events
- Public relations outreach
Participate in building our network of long term care providers to support new business. Gain skills in data analysis, contract negotiation, strategy development and project management by:
- Analyzing the current network
- Estimating adequacy requirements
- Identifying required providers
- Developing and implementing provider recruitment efforts
- Tracking and monitoring progress
Compliance Audit Intern
Increase your knowledge of compliance functions, its impacts on business operations and develop a better understanding of healthcare systems. Gain experience working in a matrix environment at a Fortune 66 Company by contributing to various projects such as:
- Internal audits
- High risk area assessments
- Audit finding documentation
- Working with business owners to resolve identified risks
Gain an understanding of the healthcare system and elements of an effective compliance program. Learn about the compliance function and the impact on the business operation by:
- Reviewing Medicaid contracts between Buckeye Health Plan and Ohio Department of Medicaid
- Gathering evidence of contract compliance
- Updating the contract compliance tracking system
Work with Senior Leaders and Project Management experts to implement enterprise-wide projects that contribute to the growth and development of the company. Upcoming projects span areas of network development, quality improvement and operational improvement. Gain practical project management knowledge and experience managing and facilitating strategy execution by:
- Facilitating meetings to develop project deliverables
- Working closely with the project team to manage work plans and build accountability
- Collaborating with Senior Executives/Project Sponsors on strategic alignment and go/no-go decisions
Data Analytics Intern
Enhance your data analytic skills, further develop your forecast modeling skills and learn more about drivers of the managed care industry. Learn about various processes and functions within the Managed Care industry and develop professionally by contributing to Buckeye's data analytic projects related to risk adjustment and provider/service demand curves.
Build analytic skills, develop forecasting modeling skills, and gain practical experience as a financial analyst and knowledge of managed care industry. Project assignments will be related to cost reporting, premium rate changes, risk adjustment, and/or product line reporting.