Welcome to the Buckeye Provider Home Page
Becoming a trusted partner with our providers is a top priority. We must earn that trust every day, with every interaction. Based on your feedback, we have begun implementing a communication plan to enhance our provider messaging and communications. Please let us know if you have suggestions.
Important Messages for Our Hospital Providers & Other Facilities
Buckeye Health Plan is working with Optum to update the CCA increases effective 11-1-20. Please hold claims through 11-16-20; if the updates are not completed by then, Buckeye will hold all claims until the update is complete.
Please see an important prior authorization message for hospitals, SNFs, LTC, LTAC on our COVID pages.
If you are a contracted Buckeye Health Plan provider, you can register now. If you are a non-contracted provider, you will be able to register after you submit your first claim.
Once you have created an account, you can use the Buckeye Health Plan provider portal to:
- Verify member eligibility
- Manage claims
- Manage authorizations
- View patient list
Latest provider information:
- Buckeye Launches NEW Partnership for Quality (P4Q) Bonus Program
- Eligible PCPs can earn a bonus for completing an Appointment Agenda with verified/documented diagnoses. See details on our Provider Education page.
- Thank You From Steve Province, President & CEO
- 2019 Community Impact Report
- October 2020 Provider Update Newsletter
- COVID-19 Updates & Information
- Pregnancy & Prenatal Resources
- Behavorial Health Resources
- October 2020: Claims Payment System Error Notifications (CPSE) (PDF)
Buckeye Health Plan offers health insurance programs that fit the unique needs of our members.
View all of our available programs below. Select one to view more information and resources for our plan.
Health Insurance Marketplace
The Health Insurance Marketplace is an online shopping mall of healthcare plans. Buckeye Health Plan's plan is called Ambetter. Ambetter offers affordable health care coverage for individuals and families. Depending on family size and income, a person may even qualify for help to pay their monthly premium.
The Medicare-Medicaid Plan (MMP) is a joint effort between the Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Buckeye Health Plan – MyCare Ohio (Buckeye) is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Ohio Medicaid to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. The goal of this program is to improve the experience in accessing quality, coordinated care.