Buckeye Health Plan (Buckeye)* is a managed care health plan, providing services throughout Ohio since 2004. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centene Corporation, a leading multi-line healthcare enterprise offering both core Medicaid and specialty services, Buckeye coordinates comprehensive care for its members. Through its caring and compassionate associates, Buckeye serves the entire community with programs tailored to meet the unique needs of each individual. Buckeye is living its vision statement by transforming the health of the community, one person at a time.
More than 900 Buckeye employees serve more than 300,000 members in the Medicaid, Medicare, and Marketplace products in Ohio. Now a $2 billion company, Buckeye has headquarters in Columbus Ohio with regional offices in Akron, Cincinnati, and Toledo.
*Buckeye Health Plan operated as Buckeye Community Health Plan until September 2014.
Launched in Toledo, Ohio in 2004, Buckeye began as an innovator in the Medicaid market, rapidly expanding to serve all of Ohio’s 88 counties. Today the company serves Ohioans who receive their care through Medicaid, Medicare and other government-funded programs, giving individuals and families quality health care solutions.
Buckeye Health Plan is a Managed Care Organization (MCO) providing Medicaid in the state of Ohio. Medicaid in Ohio is part of the Federally-Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) that opened in Ohio in 2015. Buckeye delivers Medicaid and CHIP to those deemed eligible by the FFM in all counties across the state of Ohio. For more information, go to buckeyehealthplan.com.
The MyCare Ohio plan is an integrated Medicare-Medicaid Plan in the state of Ohio. Buckeye’s MyCare program works to achieve optimal coordinated care for the member, across all services. This coordinated care improves the overall health and well-being of the member, the quality of the care and outcomes, as well as controlling costs.
Buckeye’s MyCare Ohio is available to qualified residents who live in Clark, Cuyahoga, Fulton, Geauga, Greene, Lake, Lorain, Lucas, Medina, Montgomery, Ottawa, or Wood County. For more information, go to mmp.buckeyehealthplan.com.
Buckeye Health Plan Advantage is an HMO SNP plan with a Medicare and Medicaid contract with the state of Ohio. This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare.
Buckeye Health Plan Advantage services the following counties: Allen, Ashtabula, Auglaize, Brown, Carroll, Clark, Clermont, Cuyahoga, Defiance, Erie, Fulton, Geauga, Greene, Hamilton, Hancock, Hardin, Henry, Holmes, Huron, Lake, Lorain, Lucas, Medina, Montgomery, Ottawa, Paulding, Portage, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Stark, Summit, Tuscarawas, Van Wert, Warren, Wayne, Williams, Wood and Wyandot. For more information, go to advantage.buckeyehealthplan.com.
Ambetter, a product in the Health Insurance Marketplace provides insurance plans designed to fit the health needs of individuals and families in the state of Ohio. Ambetter offers a variety of affordable coverage options, making it easier for Ohioans to stay healthy.
Ambetter is currently available in the following nine counties: Allen, Cuyahoga, Hamilton, Lake, Lorain, Lucas, Montgomery, Stark, and Summit. For more information, go to ambetter.buckeyehealthplan.com.
Buckeye is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centene Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and leading multi-line healthcare enterprise that provides programs and related services to individuals receiving benefits under Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and other government-sponsored and commercial programs in the country. With the recent acquisition of Health Net, Centene provides access to affordable healthcare to more than 11 million members across the country. In addition, Buckeye contracts with other healthcare organizations to provide specialty services including behavioral health, disease management, managed vision, nurse triage, pharmacy benefit management and treatment compliance.
Buckeye’s coverage spans Ohio and links with 38,316 contracted providers and 212 contracted hospitals across the state. Headquartered in Columbus Ohio, Buckeye maintains regional offices in Akron, Cincinnati, and Toledo.
4349 Easton Way #400
Columbus, OH 43219
3700 Embassy Parkway
Fairlawn, OH 44333
4665 Cornell Rd
Cincinnati OH 45241
1705 Indian Wood Cir #210
Maumee, OH 43537
- Buckeye Community Health Plan launches with 24,000 members
- Acquires Medicaid assets from Summa Care and opens Akron office
- Children with Special Healthcare Needs is added to the Buckeye offerings, expands to statewide Plan
- Acquires Mediplan from Altman, expands to East Central and Northwest regions of Ohio
- Buckeye opens Cleveland and Cincinnati offices, and launches ABD business with membership at 110,000
- Buckeye launches Medicare Special Needs Plan (SNP)
- Buckeye launches statewide Medicaid service area
- Buckeye adds Duals (MyCare-Ohio) and Ambetter product
- Medicaid expansion increases membership
- Buckeye Community Health Plan undergoes rebranding and becomes Buckeye Health Plan
- Buckeye membership reaches more than 300,000 members
- Organizational alignment strengthened through reorganization
- Buckeye wins Pinncale Award from the Ohio Association of Health Plans for its Addiction in Pregnancy Program
- Buckeye supports Our Babies Count, Ohio's inforant mortality task force
- Buckeye becomes Ohio's second largest managed care plan by membership
- Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) carves-in outpatient behavioral health services to Medicaid managed care
- Buckeye expands its Medicare coverage to non-dual and non-SNP members with the launch of Allwell
- Buckeye is rated #1 in Quality amongs Ohio managed care plans by ODM, resulting in significant increases in quality-based auto-assignment membership
- Buckeye grows to more than 350,000 members in 88 counties
Better health outcomes at lower costs.
Transforming the health of the community, one person at a time.
For investor questions, contact: Investors@centene.com
For media inquiries, contact: email@example.com