Buckeye Health Plan is committed to providing appropriate, high-quality, and cost-effective drug therapy to all Buckeye Health Plan members. Buckeye Health Plan covers prescription medications and certain over-the-counter medications with a written order from a Buckeye Health Plan provider. The pharmacy program does not cover all medications. Some medications may require prior authorization and some may have limitations. Other medically necessary pharmacy services are covered as well.
Please use the search function or select View All to locate the drug specific Buckeye Health Plan prior authorization form that should be used when submitting an authorization request.
- Appropriate Use and Safety Edits
- Biopharmaceutical Program
- Acaria Health-Supplied Biopharmaceutical Program
- Maintenance Drug List
- Preferred Drug List
- Preferred Drug List Quick Reference Guide
- Buckeye Over-the-Counter Pharmacy Program
- ADHD Quick Reference Drug List
- Alzheimer Quick Reference Guide
- Diabetic Therapy Quick Reference Guide
- Statins Quick Reference Guide
- Proton Pump Inhibitors Quick Reference Guide
Buckeye Health Plan routinely reviews medications available on the Preferred Drug List. Items are added, removed or modified periodically due to industry standard, market availability, and/or assessment of use. The document below outlines changes to the published PDL for the current quarter.
- Preferred Drug List 1st Quarter, 2015 Updates
- Preferred Drug List 2nd Quarter, 2015 Updates
- Preferred Drug List 3rd Quarter, 2015 Updates
- Preferred Drug List 4th Quarter, 2015 Updates
- Preferred Drug List 1st Quarter, 2016 Updates
- Preferred Drug List 2nd Quarter, 2016 Updates
- Preferred Drug List 3rd Quarter, 2016 Updates
- Preferred Drug List 4th Quarter, 2016 Updates