It Can't Wait - Vaccinate!
Every 20 seconds, a child dies from a disease that is preventable by vaccinations. 1Don’t delay getting your child’s vaccinations. They are your child’s best defense to fight off disease and prevent others from getting sick.
- Buckeye medicaid members get free vaccinations! Call your child’s doctor to find out how to schedule your child’s free vaccinations today.
Which vaccinations does your child need?
Knowing which vaccinations your child needs can be confusing. Buckeye is here to help. Use this list of recommended immunizations to help your baby stay healthy
Vaccines/Immunizations your Child Should Receive and When:
- Children from Birth through 6 Years Old (PDF)
- Children from Birth through 6 Years Old - Spanish (PDF)
- Children from 7-18 Years Old (PDF)
- Children from 7-18 Years Old - Spanish (PDF)
Instant Childhood Immunization Schedule:
Is your child overdue for needed vaccinations? Don’t wait!
Doctor’s offices and health local health departments are safe and ready to help your child stay healthy! These places are taking extra precautions to keep patients safe by:
- Checking temperatures on all patients
- Handing out new masks to all patient
- Spacing out appointments, and in some practices conducting well care visits in the morning, and seeing sick children in the afternoon to avoid exposure
- Deep cleaning between patients
- Offering vaccination only appointments
Don’t forget your flu vaccine this year!
Buckeye members earn $25 on their My Health Pays® rewards card for getting their flu shot, age six months and older.
Help your child get ready for their vaccinations
Children may be fearful of getting vaccinated. Help decrease your child’s fears of vaccinations by: 2
- Being honest. Explain that they will feel a pinch for a minute, but it won’t last long. Calm their fears by sharing that vaccinations keep them from getting sick.
- Providing comfort. Bring comfort items like stuffed animals, books, favorite toys to distract and provide a sense of security. Keep your child on your lap. And, offer positive words of encouragement throughout the process.
- Staying calm yourself. Set an example by remaining calm, even when your child is not.
- For more information, call Buckeye Member Services at 1-866-246-4358.