New Population: Children in Custody/Foster Care
Children in Custody/Foster Care - Managed Care Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Beginning January 1, 2017, children in custody of the local Public Children Services Agency (PCSA) will be required to receive their Medicaid benefits through a Managed Care Plan (MCP).
- Children in custody can be enrolled in managed care prior to January 1 at the discretion of the PCSA, to promote a smooth transition and continuity of care
- Prior to January 1, PCSAs will select the plans for which they want the child enrolled and submit to ODM.
- Click on the following link to see a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding Buckeye Health Plan’s Foster Care program.
How do I select a plan?
- Children in Custody - PCSAs will receive instruction on how to communicate MCP selection for the children in their custody from ODJFS and ODM for the initial enrollment.
- For more information, please refer to the Ohio Department of Medicaid website at Medicaid.Ohio.gov.
For more information about Buckeye Health Plan, visit buckeyehealthplan.com or call 1-866-246-4358.